Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Post Christmas Post

Hello Quilters!

Clever title huh???

Christmas was wonderful here in the Stewart household.  It was such a nice, slow paced and warm time for all of us.  We live such busy lives and our son lives so far away that we don't get to spend time all together except at Christmas.  I overfed them and loved spending time just talking or laughing at old pictures etc.
Hubby and I went for a bike ride on Christmas day.  The temperatures were mild for this time of year and there was no snow.  I got Hubby a new bike for Christmas so it was doubly fun to go out for a test ride.  

They all have gone back to their busy lives and the Christmas decorations have been put away this morning.  Now we look forward to 2016 and see what new adventures it will bring.

DD requested a new tote bag for work while she was here.  I finished it yesterday morning so I can take it this week when I see her for my hair appointment.

This is the pattern I used for this bag.  I've made a few of these bags before.  Great pattern!


The outside of the bag.  I'm trying to used only stash fabrics lately.

I added pockets that aren't in the pattern.  Her business card is sewn beneath a layer of clear vinyl.
This works just fine until you iron it................!

We will be putting on our party clothes for the annual New Years' Eve party here in our neighbourhood.  I hope you have enjoyed your Christmas as much as we have.  


"Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep."
Scott Adams

1 comment:

  1. So happy for all of the family spending quality time together! Your tree looks festive! I LoVe the bag you made, you are so creative! I can tell you are going to LoVe time in the sewing room!
    Happy New Year to you my Friend & All the best in 2016!
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete